Skip to main content

How to make good decisions in three steps or less




Stood by the road for 15mins Waiting for a commercial bus to take me to the campus park where I'll take another bus back to campus after spending the weekend at home with my mom and while I stood there waiting for a bus I made a decision not to enter any of the buses charging #150 to the campus park as oppose to the price of #100, I thought this was a good decision that I would eventually see a bus going my direction for the regular price 100 but I ended up waiting for 15mins and couldn't find any bus and I thought to myself why not write an  article on decision making because I just wasted so much time and I didn’t make such a good decision at the end

GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE POSSIBLE OUTCOME OF YOUR DECISIONS


Sounds impossible right, I know but what I mean here is try and get as much fore knowledge from people who have taken similar steps before you, by asking questions relating to the steps you are about to take, checking the web for useful articles and using a pro and cons list to cross check the outcomes if they fit into your tolerance level like in the opening story I gave I could have asked people who travel in the morning to Benin about how the traffic situation was what's the best time to travel if they fit into the Time frame I was working with which brings me to my second point

HAVE A TIME FRAME

All decisions have a fixed timeline, there are short term decisions, intermediate decisions and long term decisions you have to decide which time frame each decisions falls under accompanied by its degrees of seriousness, long term decisions are usually considered to have the highest level of seriousness but this doesn't mean all long term decisions are serious also Short term decisions may also pose some serious threat but are generally considered to be mild level seriousness all timelines and time-frame for a decision generally boils down to the individual in question and it's relative consequence... which brings us to our next step

CHECK WITH YOUR "INNER SCORECARD"

What this means is you don't want to make a decision that goes against your instincts, always ensure every decision you make it's coming from a place of self assurance,
it's not Forced or coerced or motivated by external factors why should you do this, it’s possible to make a decision because of external factors this can be a good drive like money can be a good motivation for a decision but what are you giving in exchange for it are you trading your peace of mind?, are you trading yourself respect? Or simple human dignity if it doesn't feel right, if it's something you can't live with then don't do it
Hope this short piece has given you a guide to make decisions quietly and accurately stay tuned to this page for more thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT'S THE MEANING OF LIFE!!!?....TRUE LIFE STORY(open letter to my folks)

WHY DO YOU THINK I FEEL NOTHING? even though i mostly act like i do, even when i say i don't feel anything , even when i declare on the roof tops that i feel nothing, i am a goddamn human for god-sake , i feel something, there's an heart inside my rib cage, after the drugs , after the pills , after the potion , after everything!!, after everything!!!, i am human , i have a heart, i put my hands on my chest and it beats there's a rhythm,i check my pulse blood flows in my veins, i see my mum, and i see my dad, i hear their cries, it hurts me too, i tell them it hurts me too, i tell them i am in pain, they are not happy, they don't believe, they think i am a junkie , i sound like a junkie, i know, i act like a junkie, i know, i need help, yeah, i know.  what are you offering?, is it mediocre? is it mundane? is it routine? is it the same thing everyone is taking? i won't accept it... i'm not crazy , neither am i insane, i just want things to change, i am so

DRUGS,GUNS and SEX part 1 of 3

young pope Three of my fav things on the planet and being able to write about them is just great lets start with some definitions what is a drug? a  drug  is any substance  (other than food that provides nutritional support ) that when inhaled,injected,smoked,consumed,absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a temporary  physiological  (and often  psychological)  change in the body what then is a physiological and psychological change?  well these are changes that affects the function and the mind  of a human body why then do we take drugs? drugs has been a part of the human culture before the evolution of modern medicine,as a part of some spiritual and religious culture for instance an amazon shaman has to partake of the ayahuasca (yage) a hallucinogenic brew to  "generate the divine within" there are also  smart and designer drugs smart drugs commonly known as  nootropics  help to improve memory,concentration, thought ,mood ,learning

QUESTIONS!!1

poem what is life? what does it mean to be alive? what does it mean to be among the living? why should you be happy about life whats the usefulness of life? why do you breath? why should you keep breathing ? whats death? is this the end of life? when you die does that mean you are dead? or does it mean something else? whats is existence? S.C.U.M(society can't understand me) i feel alone and lost in this world i feel my soul drift further into the depths, by the minute the emptiness just builds up, daily i fade away, whats wrong?, whats right?, what is needed?, what is to be done?, who is in charge?, whats is left? solitude or solitaire? closure or closet? risk or conserve? blank blank kuzzzi